DUO−TIMER-6A-LED is a programmable timer with two sections of lighting. The first one is used to smooth control of light intensity of dimmable LED bulbs of the ILOX company while the second one of ‘ON-OFF’ type is used to control additional lighting (an external contactor is required). In order to develop the system, the controller is equipped with a communication interface with extension modules of the JOTAFAN system by means of the RS-485 interface. It enables to connect additionally up to 8 extension modules of the smooth section (MODULE 6A-010-LED).
In the first section the device has got over-current and thermal protection that protects against overloading. It is also equipped with anti-disturbance filters that reduce the level of disturbances carried into the mains. Power and the way of supply of additional sources of light depend on contactors that have been used.
The controller has got two operation modes: manual and automatic. In the manual mode the User sets the lighting intensity while in the automatic mode there is performed previously set cycle of control changes. It the automatic mode it is possible to set up to 9 active steps (starts and stops) performed in a daily cycle. The time of change of the control level from the minimum to the maximum one (and vice versa) is in the range from 5 seconds to 90 minutes.
Moreover, the controller has got a programmed characteristics of light intensity at the function of control level in order to consider non-linear relations between these indicators (edition of calibration settings). The value of smooth control showed as percentage is an approximate, programmed value of light intensity but not the electrical power that supply lamps.
- direct smooth control of incandescent lamps in the first section (230 V, 50 Hz, load current up to 6 A),
- direct control of contactors in the second section (for additional lighting 230 V, 50 Hz, 0,5 A),
- cooperation between the first and the second section that provides the effect of slow switching on and off of light (smooth brightening of the first section → switching on the second section → smooth switching off of the first section),
- manual mode with the possibility of programming the target level and speed of light change,
- automatic mode – up to 9 cycles of brightening/switching off (wide possibilities of defining the time of switching on/off as well as levels of lighting).